With 17 years in business serving the electronics industry, TaborCo has been owned and operated by H. Joe Tabor, Designer, Programmer, and Consultant, with over 25 years of overall career experience.
TaborCo offers experience in high-speed, high-precision analog circuitry -- with a solid understanding of stability and parasitic problems. Modern circuitry also uses fast and complex digital technology with on-board computers, embedded programs, and interfaces -- all within the realm of experience offered by TaborCo.
If your needs include custom instrumentation, circuitry from conception to printed circuits, or consultations on various problems, please call TaborCo (dbA, H. Joe Tabor)at (503) 274-8918.
My laboratory is equipped with test instruments, simulation tools, emulator, and a large part stock for rapid prototypes. The development pace is normal or accelerated. Work is performed either at your facilities or mine, and travel is easy.
H. Joe Tabor
P.O. Box 4465
Portland, OR 97208
||Accomplishments and Areas of Experience:
Laboratory Resources and Software Tools:
- Redesign of Digital Tester Pin Driver/Receiver Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC), using a Very High Speed Bipolar Process, including Design, Simulation, Layout, Schematic-Layout Verification, Documentation, Characterization, and Test Plan.
- TaborCo Products:
- 8 Channel DVM w/ Data Recording
- Gen. Purpose Prototype Board w/Ground Plane
- CPLD Prototype Board w/Ground Plane
- Digital Architecture and Logic Design: Standard, PAL, CPLD/FPGA, CMOS, ECL. Familiar with Verilog HDL.
- Fast, Precision, Analog Control, Pulse & Signal Generation, and Computation Circuitry
- Digital IC Tester Programming, Analog IC Tester Programming. (LTX)
- High Speed, High Performance, Low Noise, Customized Amplifier Designs
- Microcontroller-Driven Instrumentation with Communication protocol
- Switching Power Supplies & Battery Chargers for Portable Instruments
- Analog Test Development -- Precision Analog Laser Wafer Trim, Mixed Mode test, fixtures, LTX BASIC programming, Custom System, HTBasic.
- Evaluation/Characterization Boards, Firmware, Software for Data Converter IC's.
- Control Theory & Parasitic Calculation to Stabilize Circuitry and Test Fixtures
- Analog Bipolar IC design, w/ 6 GHz process, Oscilloscope Channel Switch Amp.
- MOS Analog Cells, for IC design with +/- 1 Volt Supply.
- IC servo amplifiers, Class AB Output Stages -- Disk Drive Motor Control
- Low Noise Preamplifiers, Nuclear Instrumentation.
- PCB & Prototype Circuit Layout; High Speed and Low Noise Layout Techniques.
- C, Verilog HDL, FORTRAN, BASIC, Visual Basic, Assembly, Microcode, UNIX, DOS, WINDOWS
- High Performance Timing and Clock Distribution Circuitry
- Problem Solving, as Standardizing Production Software, Characterizing Solenoids, System Noise Reduction, Production Problem Resolution.
- BSEE, University of Illinois , Urbana/Champaign
- Laboratory for testing and building prototypes and systems
- PSPICE Circuit Simulation Software
- Test equipment for high speed measurements
- Design & Programming Tools, Palasm & PAL/EPROM Programmer, Altera's "Quartus"(TM).
- TANGO Printed Circuit Layout and TANGO Schematic Entry.
- Motorola Emulator for 68HC05 family, PIC Programmer.
- Rapid Prototypes: Large stock of components & Breadboarding/Prototyping tools
- A comprehensive, diverse library of Texts, Databooks, Appnotes, Catalogs